It probably does not come as a surprise to read that classic cars do not normally have as many security features as a modern vehicle to both act as a deterrent to the potential car thief or to assist in trying to locate a stolen vehicle. You may be interested to note that Tracker that claims to be the leading UK specialist for vehicle recovery has some interesting tips on its website to hopefully provide some form of protection for classic cars some of which we mention below:-
- Fit a car alarm
- Fit a tracking device
- Fit an engine immobiliser
- Try to park your classic car in the garage if you have one
- When you are, for instance shopping, try to park your classic car in a car park that has an attendant, is lit up and has CCTV cameras
- Do not leave your keys in your classic car whilst it is unattended
- Make sure that the doors are locked and that the windows are not left open when the classic car is unattended
If you have the likes of a car alarm, engine immobiliser and/or tracking device fitted then you may also be able to get cheaper classic car insurance for fitting one or more of these security devices to your vehicle. We are sure that you will agree in the current economic climate that would be potentially good news.
Hopefully, by following the above tips, you will reduce the possibility of having your classic car stolen. After all, you may well have spent many hours in restoring your cherished vehicle so anything that you can do to reduce a car thief driving it or towing it away has got to be welcomed.
If you would like a quotation for classic car insurance either because your existing cover is shortly due to be renewed or you require cover for the first time, why not get in touch with us today to obtain a competitive quote without any obligation.